Monday, August 6, 2012

Ah, measurements...

Today was the day. The one I've been semi-dreading, sort of looking forward to for awhile now. I haven't had my measurements taken since the end of the session in May. Don't worry, I've shared measurements with you every time so I will share them this time. I'd like to ramble for a bit first, if you'll indulge me. If you just want to get to the numbers skip to the end, scroll up a bit and you'll find them. Don't worry, I'll never know and I won't be offended.


The numbers are important to me, they are definitely one way to let me know how I'm doing. I have found other ways to measure progress as well. I can see progress in how my clothes fit, how much energy I have and in the past week I've seen progress because it hasn't taken me as long to bounce back to almost my former pace and weights after a wonderful, crazy and busy July. I also notice exercises like Valslide Army Crawls, Bear Crawls and Plate Pushes that used to frustrate me because I just could not do them are getting just the tiniest bit easier.


For you faithful readers, you know I set some goals for myself for the end of July. It's time to check in on them and see how I've done. Yes, measurements are coming, I promise they are, I'm just dragging out the suspense.

Clothing:
End of July 2012: Size 14 jeans & being able to wear my black t-shirt (I can wear the t-shirt. The size 14 jeans go on, but don't button and zip yet. Close though!)


Exercise/Fitness Goals:
End of June 2012:
*15 push ups on my toes: GOT IT!, I am up to 20 push ups most days.
*17 burpees in 1 minute: ALMOST THERE (I can get 15)
*40 seconds of Val slider army crawls without dropping: NOT YET, but I can do 20 seconds now without too much trouble.
*Move up within the 300 club on the dead lift board. GOT IT! I'm able to dead lift 305 pounds
*1 unassisted pull-up: ALMOST THERE. 
*Complete a 3.1 mile/5K race jogging at least 2.5 miles: I am regularly running about 2 miles now, we'll see how I do in my 5K on Saturday.


I'm pleased with my progress and I am not done yet. I'm going to get those size 14 jeans on and be able to wear them comfortably before school starts on August 29. Maybe by then I'll even be comfortable wearing my black t-shirt: I earned it and I want to show it off.

Looking ahead to the future I have a half marathon in January and another in February. I remember when 3 miles seemed like an impossible goal so when I start feeling panicky about 13.1 miles I just remind myself I never thought I could run 3 miles or exercise regularly and I do both of those things now.

Now, on to the numbers. Thanks for bearing with me.
 

Measurements: August 6, 2012
 
Body Fat Percentage: 31.5% (up 1% since May 2012)
Hips: 48.75 inches (down 2 inches since May 2012)
Waist: 39.5 inches (stayed the same)
Thigh: 26.25 inches (down 0.75 inches)
Arm: 14.5 inches (up 0.25 inches since May 2012) 
 
Progress since January 2012
Hips: Lost 6 inches
Waist: Lost 4.5 inches
Thighs: Lost 1.75 inch
Arms: Lost 0 inches
Total weight: Lost 39 pounds
Total Inches lost: 12.25 inches
Body Fat Percentage: 6.4% body fat (I'm still in the normal range...amazing feeling)

So there you go, thank you for your patience and for taking the time to follow along. Stay tuned for my further adventures in transforming my body and my life. We'll see how I do when I get back to school and what happens when bootcamp is no longer free. I have a plan and it seems very doable given that I can use the money I used to spend on junk food and fast food to pay for a new and healthier me. I've got this and I've got an amazing support system to make sure I keep moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment