Thursday, June 21, 2012

New me?

Me again! Are you surprised? Trust me I am too. Normally I lose interest in blogs and diaries after the first few weeks. Apparently I've hit on something important to me and I have something to say.

If you are one of those people who like to read the end of a book before you start you may have noticed some pictures at the end of this post. I'll get to those. Be patient.

Lots of things running through my head at the moment.

1. Packing for my vacation from June 26 to July 10, though that won't exactly be hard with 2 pairs of jeans, 3 pairs of capris, 2 pairs of shorts and about 5 t-shirts that I think are okay to wear in public. I have more clothing to wear to exercise than I do to wear at other times. Trust me, I am not complaining at all. I'm enjoying this a lot. Putting together an outfit is so easy with the limited choices.

2. What will this summer's VMI classes be like? I am pretty sure Statistics 3 won't be too bad. Calculus 1, well let's say I try hard not to think about that at all because it gives me heart palpitations. I've heard from others who have been through VMI that I need to prepare myself for Calculus 1 to be difficult and to just hang on through the week.

3. Were bathing suits designed as torture devices??? UGH! I have 3 bathing suits. 1 a size 22 I wore last summer, very nice, but it kind of hangs on me now. The other 2 very nice, cute Land's End suits in a size 18 that do fit me. The problem is I feel AWFUL in them.

4. When my free boot camp is over how many days per week should I go and will I be able to maintain this weight loss without showing up at every boot camp class I can make it to? This last question really does occupy most of the thoughts. I'm in completely new and uncharted territory and it's exciting and more than a little scary. Ben has told me before 3 days of boot camp classes and then some other form of exercise another 3 days. He's the professional he knows what he's talking about, I should trust him right? Right! Do I? Ummm....

Let me say right now that I DO trust Ben. I let him spot me and get in my personal space and when he tells me to correct my form I do my best to do exactly as he says. The hard part for me with trusting him on what my workout schedule should be is that I know myself and I know left to my own devices I used to like sitting a lot more than being active. I do think that has changed now I find myself sitting for a little bit and getting restless, I want to be up moving. I can run, I have cardio days on Thursday mornings. I can take ABS class and I can sign up for Warrior class. Now, thanks to my school district I can also take Wellness Center classes for free. I've got this right?? So why does it feel like it will all fall apart if I take away the structure of boot camp?

Now, you've been patient so on to the pictures. The one on the left was taken at the conclusion of the Mooser competition. The one on the right was taken on Tuesday, June 19 (yes I need to reset the date on my digital camera. Love the camera, but the date function just doesn't work right. I set it, it resets itself.)  I love that I am wearing size 16 jeans and a tank top in size 14/16. The tank top isn't skin tight either. I notice a little more definition in my arms too. Actually I notice a lot of muscles that I didn't know about before. Who knew I had muscles in the backs of my legs?? I do have hip bones and I can feel them now, they don't stick out, but there isn't as much fat covering them. It's amazing.

Thanks for reading...now back to your day and I'm going to go on with mine.






No comments:

Post a Comment