Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Day 65

I'm not sure where to begin my post this week. I've had a million thoughts running through my head. Every year on my birthday I tend to take stock of where I am and where I want to go in the next year. This year I added a little twist and thought about where I imagined I'd be when I was 42.

As a younger woman I thought my highest goal was to be a wife and mother. I still think those are wonderful things, but they don't seem to be for me. I'm a darn good aunt and my friends' children seem to like me, plus I get to interact with children as a teacher. As for relationships, been there, done that. Supposedly there is someone out there for everyone and that might be true, but I'm not ready yet. I've got more goals to accomplish and more I want to do and see. I'm content with my life as it is at the moment. I don't feel cheated or as if I am somehow lacking. 

Week 9 of the Biggest MOOser competition is underway and I've decided to be fair to myself I need to step it up and push myself. I gave it my all Monday morning in class and today I decided to double up. I did bootcamp from 4:15 to 5 and then from 5 to 6 I had semi-private training. Engine 8 in bootcamp. Then semi-private training and the dreaded Rope Climbs. Tonight's hardest part was the plate pushes. My ankle is better, but still not 100% and I knew it when I was pushing that plate. I wanted to keep fighting and pushing but it hurt. I'm thinking about putting wax on the plate next time, that should make it slide better. Thanks Theresa for the tip about the lifting gloves: those made all the difference! When the ankle is healed I might actually be able to push that plate without stopping. 


I let you know how I was doing with my measurements last week, but I didn't mention my other goals. Probably time to update you on those goals as well, don't you think? 


My goal is to be wearing jeans in a size 16 by the end of the competition. Right now I am wearing size 20, but they are getting loose. I think I will be buying some size 18 clothing soon. Last weekend I bought myself new leggings to exercise in. I used to by size 3X...this time I checked out the size charts and I needed a size 1X. I don't think I'll be shopping in the plus size section much longer. Next on my list is to get some t-shirts that aren't so baggy I look ridiculous. 

Exercise Goals:
1. Do 10 push-ups on my toes without stopping. Right now I can do 7 push ups on my toes!
2. Perform 15 Burpees in one minute. I am able to do 12 burpees in 1 minute.
3. Do 12 rows in 50 seconds. On Monday I did 15 rows in 50 seconds: GOAL MET!
4. 50 seconds of val slider crawls without dropping to my knees. I made it 30 seconds the last time we did Val Slider army crawls, I'm getting there.
5. 1 unassisted pull-up. Still working on this one!
6. Hold a plan for 3 minutes. I can hold a plank for 2 minutes 12 seconds.  

So again, thank you to everyone who took the time to vote for me and give me this opportunity to transform my body and my life. I hope you don't feel your vote was wasted.

Thanks for reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment