Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Day 58

So today I turned 42. I'd have to say of all the gifts I received today and I got some really nice ones, my measurements were the best gift.  Are the numbers dropping as fast as I might want them to? No, but this weight didn't just drop on me out of the clear blue sky one day. No drive-by fat attacks. I was not mugged by fat cells while walking down the street.

Nope I got where I was by thinking I didn't count and I wasn't worth the time it would take to change things.

What am I thinking now? Well, I'm thinking if I can ever get my joints to cooperate I'm going to train for a half-marathon. I don't know when I'll enter one, but I know I will and I know I will finish. I am ABSOLUTELY worth the time and effort this transformation is going to take.

I confess I went into this experience thinking in 12 weeks I would be "fixed". Many things have changed, but I'm not done yet. There is so much more I want to do and so much more I know I can learn from the instructors and I fully intend to learn it.

I know I promised you numbers today and I am getting to them I promise. I just want to drag out the suspense first until you're wishing you could throttle me and just make me tell you. I'm kind of mean that way.

All right, I will share my new numbers with you. Just in case you don't remember or don't want to go back through older posts I'll share my starting measurements with you again:

Weight: 293 pounds
Body Fat: 37.9%

Hips: 54.75 in.

Waist: 44 in

Thigh: 27.75 in

Arm: 14.5 in

Now my 1/3 of the way through the contest numbers: 
Weight: 279 pounds (-14 pounds)
Body Fat: 34.6% (-3.3%)
Hips: 53.25 in. (-1.50 in.)
Waist: 42.25 in. (-1.75 in.)
Thigh: 25 in (-2.75 in.)
Arm: 14 in (-0.50 in.)


Finally, the new numbers (thanks for your patience):
Weight: 273 pounds (-20 pounds from the beginning)
Body Fat Percentage: 32.6% (-5.3% from the beginning)
Hips: 52 in. (-2.75 in. from the beginning)
Waist: 41.25 in. (-2.75 in. from the beginning)
Thigh: 25 in. (-2.75 in. from the beginning)
Arm: 14 in. (-0.50 in. from the beginning)

So, in all from the beginning of the competition I have lost 20 pounds, 5.3% body fat and 8.75 inches.

My original goal at the start of the competition was to lose 50 pounds, 6% body fat and 22 inches. I am not done yet and I may achieve those numbers, but I read something really wise yesterday and I'd like to share it. These changes I'm making, this transformation I'm undergoing is a lifestyle change: there's not an expiration date (Thanks Ben for the words of wisdom). If for some reason I do not meet all my goals then I keep working on them and I will achieve them. The goals I do meet I will change with help and guidance from those who know more than me. 

This isn't for 12 weeks, it is not so I can win anything: this change is for me. I am going to make my next 42 years so much better than the first 42. 

Thanks for reading!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment