Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Day 37

I have new numbers for all you followers and faithful readers. Let me share those before we get to the rest of my post!

Here are my measurements when I started the Mooser competition:
Weight: 293 pounds
Body Fat: 37.9%
Hips: 54.75 in.
Waist: 44 in
Thigh: 27.75 in
Arm: 14.5 in

Now...are you ready for my new measurements. Seriously, I need to work on the drum roll for these moments, it feels like there should be a drum roll. Anyhow, now that I wasted more of your time I'll get on to the numbers you've all been waiting for!

New Weight: 279 pounds (-14 pounds)
New Body Fat: 34.6% (-3.3%)
New Hips: 53.25 in (-1.50 in)
New Waist: 42.25 in (-1.75 in)
New Thigh: 25 in (-2.75 in)
New Arm: 14 in (-0.50 in)

So in all since this contest started I have lost (insert another drum roll, or you could drum your fingers on your desk if you like) 14 pounds, 3.3% body fat and 6.5 inches.

As you may or may not recall, my goal by the end of the competition was to lose a total of 50 pounds, 6% body fat and 22 inches. I'd say I've got a nice start on the pounds and body fat percentage and not too bad on the inches either.

Back to semi-private training tonight after a wonderful vacation and the workout kicked my butt hard. I'll be snuggling up with the Advil bottle tonight, so there's still time to buy stock and make a killing before the Mooser competition ends. Ha ha! Really though, I'm not kidding.

Had a meltdown during the plate pushes/push up portion of the training. I literally dug as deep as I could and found there was nothing left to give. That's never happened to me before: there is always something more I can give, even if it's just a tiny bit more. It didn't feel good to know I'd pushed as far as I could.

I've had almost an hour to process tonight's experience and put it into perspective and now I do feel good about it. I gave EVERYTHING I had to the workout and that is nothing to be upset about. None of us are super human, we can't go forever. I found the wall tonight, ran into it face-first actually, and I lived. Next time that wall won't be in the same spot, because I am going to push it out of my way. Maybe I'll only be able to push it a fraction of an inch more next time, but I will push it and every time I come against that same wall it's going to move a little bit more.

We have all come to those times when it would be easier to quit and let it go. In the past I've hit the wall and walked away. I am not doing that this time, I am going to reach a place where rope climbs are possible even if they aren't easy. I'll find the strength to push that plate when I just want to walk away from it. I am strong. I am worth the time and effort I am putting into these workouts and this competition

A few bumps in the road, a workout I could not quite finish no matter how much I wanted to: those things are an opportunity for me to learn, not signs I am a failure. The next time I come to those same exercises I will fight a little further and eventually I will complete them all.

Back to your regularly scheduled lives...I need Advil, some ice and more water.

No comments:

Post a Comment