Thursday, February 23, 2012

Day 25

Upping my workouts to 6 times per week this week. So if any of you have some extra money you'd like to use to buy some stocks I recommend buying stock in the company that manufactures Advil. That's my helpful financial tip for the day.

My fourth workout of the week was tonight. I'm still able to walk...the cats only lapped me twice on the way to the basement to feed them. The first week Gizmo lapped me 4 times and finally gave up hope and went back to bed before I made it to the food and food bowls. Just for reference, Gizmo is a 24 pound orange and white cat who does not hurry anywhere. It's possible I'm exaggerating a little, but trust me, not by much.

Nutritionally I've been doing well. There are times I slip and skip a meal or eat something that isn't the most supportive choice I could make, but those times are occurring less and less often. I might want to eat that chocolate chip cookie the moment I see it, but I'm working so hard to make changes in my health that it had better be the very best chocolate chip cookie every made before I'm going to want to eat it. I do have cheat meals. I try to keep myself to 1 or 2 per week and I make sure they are only that meal, not an entire day. It's not always easy, but change requires hard work and some sacrifice: I'm ready for it.

I'm a little nervous about next week. I'm going to be away from boot camp for most of it. I am excited for my trip: visiting a friend who lives on Staten Island, NY. I'm nervous because it will be me and my DVDs, no boot camp classes, no semi-private training. I know I can do it. I know my friend will make sure I work out, she will encourage me and keep me going, but it won't be quite the same. That's okay, I have email addresses and Facebook and I'm not afraid to use them.

I'm looking forward to coming back after vacation and having my measurements taken. Don't worry, as soon as I have my measurements they will be posted here. I shared the starting measurements, I'll share them every step of the way.

In other news I realized tonight I'm changing physically. Not that I'm seeing many physical changes yet, but my clothes are fitting differently. A denim shirt that belonged to my step dad, that I could never close, but wore as a blazer, now buttons. A shirt in size 18/20 fit me. It was a little form-fitting, but it wasn't uncomfortable, just a new experience for me.

I'm changing emotionally too. I've always been content to be the shy one, quiet and timid. Someone who enjoyed the background and didn't want center stage or the spotlight. I had a comfort zone and I stayed there never venturing outside. Now that I've pushed myself outside my comfort zone I'm discovering that being shy, quiet and timid isn't what I want anymore. I want to roar! Not to be overbearing or screaming: ME! ME! ME! but I want to stand up for myself because I am important and  I do matter! I'm not on my way to being an obnoxious attention hog. There will be situations where I might have sat back and said nothing when I will speak up and let my voice be heard. I'll pick my battles carefully, but I will pick them and I will fight them. Some people will not appreciate the new me, but I'm not worried about those people. As Dr. Seuss said: "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind".

I can't believe that soon I will be a third of the way through the Biggest MOOser competition. When the 12 weeks ends that won't mean my journey is over: it will mean I'm 12 weeks into a brand new life.



No comments:

Post a Comment