Thursday, February 9, 2012

Day 11

I thought since I shared my starting measurements with you, I would share my goals with you. They've been reviewed and approved by "the boss" so here they are. (there really should be a drum roll or something...I'll work on that)

By the end of the Biggest MOOser Transformation Competition, I plan to achieve the following goals:

Current Weight: 293 lb
Goal Weight: 243 lb (-50 lb)

Body Fat: 37.9%
Goal Body Fat: 31.9% (-6%)

Body Measurements:
Current Hips: 54.75"
Goal Hips: 44.75" (-10 in.)

Thigh: 27.75"
Goal Thigh: 21.75" (-6 in)

Waist: 44"
Goal Waist: 38" (-6 in)

Arm: 14.5"
Goal Arm: 12.5" (-2 in)

Total: Lose 22 inches

Currently I wear a size 22 in jeans. I would like to be comfortably wearing a size 16 in jeans (able to sit, stand, bend over and still breathe)

Exercise Goals:
1. Do 10 push-ups on my toes without stopping.
2. Perform 15 Burpees in one minute
3. Do 12 rows in 50 seconds
4. 50 seconds of val slider crawls without dropping to my knees.
5. 1 unassisted pull-up (personally not sure this one will happen, but I'm going to give my very best effort!)

So there they are. Lofty, but not unattainable. Now I need to get my short-term objectives written. Fortunately, I'm a Special Educator so I spend a good deal of time writing goals and objectives. I've never written them for myself, but I'm pretty sure it's the same concept: specific, measurable & time-bound.

One more bit of news: I got top performer in boot camp tonight. Now I have another exercise I am going to master. Gorilla Cleans...watch out I'm going to get you!

Closing in on the end of week 2 and I can't believe time is going so fast. This is just the start though, my journey doesn't end when the competition does. It continues for the rest of my life. The next 41 years will be so much healthier than the first 41!

No comments:

Post a Comment