Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Moving Forward, Part 2

I have finished writing my goals for 2014 and I will post them in just a minute. You will notice that this year I don't have any weight goals. I have noticed the scale has a disturbing habit of going down then getting stuck in one spot for a long period of time. I find that frustrating and disheartening and I am tired of looking to the scale for reassurance. I need to look at my inches, my body fat percentage and the way my clothing fits.

Most of my goals for 2014 are fitness goals. In 2013 I made great strides in my fitness, but the lion's share of my attention was on the mental part of this journey. I had to let go of the garbage or I wouldn't have been able to move forward. 2014 is the year to bring the same focus and attention to my fitness.

Any comments or suggestions on the following goals are welcome. You may comment on this entry, message me on Facebook, or send me an email (fivepets@hotmail.com). Or we can talk face to face and you can help me work on Personal Growth and Health Goal #1.



2014 Goals
FITNESS GOALS
1. Turn in my green band by March 2014.
    a. Perform corrective exercises daily
    b. Ask Ben to assess progress in mid-February

2. Begin running.
     a. Complete the Derby Elementary School Cornfield Mile Run in less than 18 minutes: June 2014.
     b. Complete a 5K in less than 45 minutes by August 2014.
     c. Train for a half marathon to be completed in 2015.

3. Complete Tough Mudder New England in less than 8 hours: May, 31, 2014.
    a. Continue personal training to work on strength and endurance.
    b. Begin snowshoeing and/or cross country skiing in January 2014.
    c. Hike when possible (after purchase of yak trax).

4. Complete a Spartan Sprint (Fall 2014?).

5. Compete in a strongman competition.

6. By October 2014 move up in the "300 club" on the deadlift board to 315 pounds.
    a. By February 2014, deadlift 275 pounds.
    b. By April 2014, deadlift 285 pounds.
    c. By June 2014, deadlift 295 pounds
    d. By August 2014, deadlift 305 pounds

PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT & HEALTH GOALS:
1. By December 2014 I will rely less on email to communicate. I have a voice, I need to use it. On 4 out of 5 occasions when I have a question or concern I will speak with people face-to-face instead of sending a message.

2. I will endeavor to participate in activities that make me uncomfortable at least once per quarter.
a. I will participate in the Fortitude Fitness Systems Photo Shoot on Saturday, January 25, 2014.
b. I will continue to update and write in my blog regularly throughout 2014.
c. By June 2014 I will be able to step outside my own mind during a workout and encourage/support others.

3. I will accept compliments and recognition with a smile and a simple “thank you” on 8 out of 10 occasions by December 2014.

4. I will drink at least on gallon of water per day 6 out of 7 days per week.
 

5. By December 2014 I will achieve the following Hips: 43 inches; Waist: 33 inches; Thigh: 24 inches and Arm: 13 inches.
*Short term goals will be set when I have current measurements to work from.


There you have it...my map for the start of 2014. These goals are not set in stone, they will be revised and rewritten as necessary. Stay tuned for the continuing journey.

Thanks for reading: Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment