Monday, December 30, 2013

Moving Forward

As you recall in my last blog I was anxious about the announcement of Badass of the Year. Turns out I had reason to be. I was chosen as Badass of the Year for Fortitude Fitness Systems. I am rather proud of myself for not bursting into sobs the instant Ben said my name. I teared up, but I held it together fairly well. It has sunk in that it was my name and I wasn't mishearing things, but there's still a feeling of wonder and shock. It is a huge honor and I am thrilled. Stunned, but thrilled. Okay, so maybe it hasn't completely sunk in yet. Someone pinch me so I'll know I'm not dreaming.

January 1, 2014 is closing in quickly and it's time to write some goals. Most of you already know I am a special educator so I write goals for a living. Here goes...

FITNESS GOALS
1. Turn in my green band by March 2014.
    a. Perform corrective exercises daily
    b. Ask Ben to assess progress in mid-February

2. Begin running.
     a. Complete the Derby Elementary School Cornfield Mile Run in less than 18 minutes: June 2014.
     b. Complete a 5K in less than 45 minutes by August 2014.
     c. Train for a half marathon to be completed in 2015.

3. Complete Tough Mudder New England in less than 8 hours: May, 31, 2014.
    a. Continue personal training to work on strength and endurance.
    b. Begin snowshoeing and/or cross country skiing in January 2014.
    c. Hike when possible (after purchase of yak trax).

4. Complete a Spartan Sprint (Fall 2014?).

5. Compete in a strongman competition.

6. By October 2014 move up in the "300 club" on the deadlift board to 315 pounds.
    a. By February 2014, deadlift 275 pounds.
    b. By April 2014, deadlift 285 pounds.
    c. By June 2014, deadlift 295 pounds
    d. By August 2014, deadlift 305 pounds

I have some personal and measurement goals as well, but those are less well-developed and I'm not quite ready to share them. Patience, they'll be here soon enough. If I post them here I won't need to worry about losing them in the black hole that is my bedroom.

Thanks 2013: it was an amazing year. Welcome 2014: I have BIG plans.

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment