Friday, May 3, 2013

I wonder...

I keep coming up against the truth that I don't see a change in my body. When I look in the mirror I see that same person I've always seen, same size, nothing changed. Trust me, I know that's not true...I have bought clothes to fit the new body I don't see so I KNOW there have been changes, but my eyes and mind are clinging to the old me, even if she doesn't exist any longer.

I take pictures once a month, usually on the first of the month and others see the changes, but I want to see those changes too.

Last night I remembered a pair of jeans I had in my closet. The one pair I didn't get rid of when I purged the rest of the too big clothes. The final remaining pair of 22/24W pants in my closet. Yes, they should have gone too. Many of the articles I've read on the subject recommend two things:

1. Get rid of all the old, too big clothes. Hey, for the most part I followed this rule, but I had to hang on that one pair of 22//24W jeans. I remember when I thought how small they were and how proud I was to be in them. So they stay on the shelf with the new capris and jeans. A silent reminder of where I started this journey.

2. No clothes that are too small. Don't have anything you hope to wear "someday". Only have clothes that fit now. Okay, I broke that rule too. I have a pair of size 14 jeans hanging on my closet door. My new "goal jeans". I like a visual reminder of what I'm working toward, it makes it a lot easier to crawl out of bed and get to the studio when I want to roll over and sleep more.

...And since we're into confessions here, I have two pairs of size 12 capris in my closet as a summer goal. The cotton capris are more forgiving than the denim jeans and those almost fit comfortably now.

Back to the point of this post. I decided last night I would take a picture of those "old me" jeans and a picture of my most recent purchase, size 16 (no W) jeans purchased in the Ladies Department instead of the Women's Plus department.

First, the 22/24W's

Next the size 16's

Finally, a comparison of the two. 


So there is proof that things have changed, that I have changed. Physically and mentally I'm not the same person I was. I'm okay with that.

Thanks for reading...back to your evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment