Wednesday, May 9, 2012

New Goals...

So the contest has been over for more than a week now and I'll be honest: I've been floundering. Not seriously lost and in danger of giving up and going back to the way things were before, but floundering nonetheless. I've talked to other Mooser contestants and they tell me it's normal and it's okay.

It sure doesn't feel okay. For 13 weeks my life was nutrition and exercise. I knew it was getting bad when my mother asked me if I would start cooking dinner again when the Biggest Mooser competition was over. I had a reply on the tip of my tongue and as you can imagine it wasn't very nice, but then I thought about it. Life really was going to change and I had to figure it out or I was sunk.

So what did I do? Yeah, I whined, pouted and decided to go hide under a rock. Then the logistics of choosing the perfect rock to hide under cropped up and I had to scrap that plan. So back to square one and honestly the pouting and whining I was doing was grating on my nerves. I was complaining that I could have cheat meals?? Seriously, complaining because I could plan a meal when I could eat something that didn't even pretend to be supportive.

Someone told me once that I should "do what I know". Okay, I'm paraphrasing. She actually told me to write what I know, but doing what I know sounded like a plan.

What do I know? I know how to write goals. I'm a special educator. At least 5 nights a week I am dreaming that I'm writing a student's educational plan goals. At least 5 days a week I am writing goals in real life or assessing whether goals have been met. I could go off on a LOOOOOOOONG tangent about how teaching is not an 8-hour a day job, but I don't want to lose anyone who is still reading this blog, so I'll let it go (for now...it'll probably pop up eventually. You've been warned: run now).

So I sat and wrote goals for myself. I even asked for feedback and suggestions. I'm new at writing goals for myself and I'm a perfectionist I wanted to know I was doing it right.

Enough rambling, right? I'll get on with the goals...then I'll ramble some more. I know I don't need to post these or share them with another living soul, but I know myself and if I'm not accountable to someone I'm not going to work as hard. Posting it puts it out there to people who read my blog.
****************************************************************************
NEW GOALS

Currently at 32% body fat. By the end of August 2012 I would like to be at 30%. By the end of 2012 I would like to be at 27% body fat.

Clothing:
By the end of May 2012: Size 16 jeans
By the end of July 2012: Size 14 jeans & being able to wear my black t-shirt!
By the end of 2012: Size 12 jeans

Body Measurements:End of June 2012:
Waist: 39"
Hips: 49.25”
Thigh: 24"
Arm: 13"

End of August 2012
:
Waist: 36"
Hips: 46"
Thigh: 21.75"
Arm: 12.5"

Exercise/Fitness Goals:End of May 2012:
*10 pushups on my toes
*15 burpees in 1 minute
*30 seconds of Val slider army crawls without dropping
*Join the 300 club on the deadlift board

End of June 2012:
*15 pushups on my toes
*17 burpees in 1 minute
*40 seconds of Val slider army crawls without dropping
*Move up within the 300 club on the deadlift board
*1 unassisted pull-up
*Complete a 3.1 mile/5K race jogging at least 2.5 miles

My ultimate Exercise/Fitness goals:

*Complete Tough Mudder in 2013
*Complete a half marathon in January 2013

***************************************************************************
So those are my goals for myself. Please if you are reading this check in on me: email, comment, call, stop me in the hallway. I posted the goals so I would be held accountable for them.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment