Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 4

I'm still stiff and sore, ibuprofen is my new friend and I have never been happier.

Am I going to tell you that in 2 boot camp workouts and 1 cardio session with a friend I've come to adore exercise? Nope, I'm not there yet. I'm not sure I'll ever reach a place where I jump out of bed thinking: "YES! I get to exercise today", but I consider it progress that I'm not crying over the fact I need to exercise.

It's early yet to notice much of a difference, but I have noticed some changes:

1. I'm not feeling stressed out all the time. The things that stress me out are still going on, but I'm finding it doesn't bother me.

2. I'm paying much more attention to what I put in my mouth. Case in point, I was in a restaurant last night for trivia night and there were Nachos on the menu. I LOVE Nacho's. I didn't order them. In fact I had a small salad and some protein before I left home and the only things I had while at the restaurant were a piece of bread and 2 diet sodas. HUGE VICTORY!

I can't wait to keep adding to this list. I'll be even happier to reach the point where my body has adjusted to my new water intake so I don't log a mile walking to and from bathrooms all day.

This isn't just a 12 week program and then I'm cured. This is a new lifestyle I am going to adopt. I need the supportive nutrition and I need the exercise. I'm never going to look like a super model, but that's not my goal. I want to be confident, strong and comfortable in my own body.

Stay tuned for more reports...next post I'll try to tell you about some of the work we've been doing this first week.

No comments:

Post a Comment