Friday, November 27, 2015

Grateful- Part 2

I wrote the first "Grateful" post in late August and since then it has been on my mind. I was pretty sure while I wrote that post there was another one coming. I was right.

Most of you know I am owned by a Boxer. One of the perks of having Abbey is the need to walk her at least twice a day. On these walks I have ample time to think or talk to myself. 


There are more people I'm grateful to and I'm going to mention them here. There's even a possibility that someone I thanked before could make a second appearance. What can I say? That's just who I am.

As before if anyone who finds themselves on this list and doesn't wish to be mentioned publicly please contact me: I will edit if I need to. I'm not trying to embarrass anyone or make them uncomfortable.

Without further ado...

Hailey- From the first you have been an AMAZING friend. You take me as I am, you let me be angry, completely crazy or totally insecure and you don't think any less of me. You are there to cheer me on, talk me down, or hold me up, sometimes all of the above in the span of a few minutes.

Eric- I've known you since elementary school. You are bar none the BEST man I know. You are one of a small group of men that I trust and turn to for advice time and again. You were the first man to prove to me it was okay to let down my guard and I wouldn’t automatically get hurt.  I can always count on you for your honesty and common sense. I can also count on you to be there to cheer me on when I step out of my comfort zone. You don't even take offense when I tell you to shut up.

Carole- From the day I started at the gym you've been there. You encouraged me to come join you and have helped me make friends. You encourage me to keep going when I want to quit and you inspire me with your own perseverance. You've seen me succeed and you've seen me miss the mark and you stick around.

Sylvie- You really should be charging me for the therapy you provide! You are the calm voice of reason. You gave up most of a weekend to help me move and were the voice of reason when it was time to throw in the towel on the first day. Plus you have amazing style and have helped me pick some great clothes. All that and you cheer me on whenever you can. I want to be you when I grow up, really.

Lisa- You were my first inspiration and you stood beside me when I needed to have important and uncomfortable conversations. You let me vent and just listen. Thank you so much.

Gretchen- What can I say about a woman who gave up most of a weekend to help me move? You are a tireless supporter and such a kind, sweet soul. You encourage me to write and be strong without apologies. You are more excited by some of my accomplishments than I am.

Cheryl- Again…there aren’t enough words to thank you for giving up your weekend during my move. You are the best. During Saturday Morning Sweat I know I can count on you to encourage me and make me feel like I’m killing the workout when it feels a lot more like the workout is killing me. I appreciate your support and kindness more than you can imagine.

Tyler- Yep, you get mentioned again. Thank you for the help when it came time to move. Thank you for being at my first meet and for your calm presence. Not that you weren’t excited, it was clear you were, but you kept me grounded and focused on what I needed to do. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again now: you have a gift for working with people and knowing the best way to get them to give the best they have to give.

Dane- There is a small group of men I trust and you are absolutely one of them. Thank you so much for coaching me through my first meet. Especially the extra time you gave me during Open Gym and after Muscle Hour. Your confidence in me was so appreciated. I still can’t believe you researched meets for me so I couldn’t just keep mumbling “someday” and not taking any further steps. I didn’t think I would bring home anything on November 7, but you told me all along I would. Thank you for your faith in me. I can’t wait to start seriously training for my next challenge.

Ami-There are no words adequate to express how I feel. You are a staunch supporter, a caring friend and one of the sweetest spirits I know. You aren’t afraid to wear your heart on your sleeve and love with everything you have. I have learned so much from you. Thank you.

Nikki- Wow! Your support means the world. You are so encouraging and optimistic. Thank you, thank you thank you.

I hope those of you I have thanked don't mind. If you do, please message or email me and I will edit this post. I  genuinely want to express my gratitude, I don't wish for anyone to feel as if they've had a spotlight turned on them if that is not what they want.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment