Monday, November 11, 2013

Absence makes the heart grow fonder?

It's been awhile. No excuses, no promises to be better about writing, just a simple observation. I'm not hiding or anything, I'm not that exciting or fascinating that I'd need to hide.

Measurements were done and basically there was no change. I'll get to those numbers, don't worry. First I'd like you to see some pictures. If you've read my blog for any period of time you've seen this first picture.
January 2012

Don't I look thrilled? As much as I like and respect Ben Warstler, I'm pretty sure my primary thought at the moment this picture was taken was I hope his phone dies so this picture never, ever sees the light of day. No smile in evidence because I didn't see anything to smile about.

Now a picture you haven't seen before. Taken on Friday, November 8, 2013.

November 2013
Even I can see changes in this one. Not so much the size, but we won't get into that again. The change I see most is that I actually look confident. I wouldn't go so far as to say I have solved my self-esteem and self-confidence issues, but I'm making progress.

So now those measurements. I'm hoping to have a new body fat percentage the next time I get measured. For now we'll just assume it is the same.

October 17, 2013
Weight: 233 pounds
Body Fat Percentage: 28.2%
Hips: 47.25 inches
Waist: 37.5 inches
Thigh: 26 inches
Arm: 13.5 inches

Total Body Fat Percentage lost: 9.7%
Total Inches lost:
16.75 inches
Total Pounds lost: 60 pounds

As the end of the year approaches I'd like to reflect back on the goals I set in January, but to be honest I don't have any clue what goals seemed so important back then. I dutifully wrote them down on an index card for Ben as requested. Made a copy for myself before I handed over the card and promptly lost my copy. Oh well, this way when I review them at the end of the year they'll be a complete surprise, right? I do know one goal was to do 1 unassisted pull up. Working on that one.

On with your evening now and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment